Re: [Tails-dev] GNOME Keysign 0.2 released

Author: intrigeri
To: Tobias Mueller
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] GNOME Keysign 0.2 released
Hi Tobias,

Tobias Mueller wrote (08 Jan 2015 14:49:27 GMT) :
> As you might know, GNOME Keysign tries to make OpenPGP Keysigning
> an easy task.

Yay, it's been on our radar since there's been OPW projects about
it :)

We track this as https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8400.

> I'm interested in opinions and feedback.

Frankly, I think I'll wait for this OPW round to be over, and then I'm
happy to give GNOME Keysign a try and provide feedback.

I've got a few initial questions, though:

  * is working Avahi required to use GNOME Keysign?
  * what exact networking connection needs to be allowed for GNOME
    Keysign to work, especially on the LAN? any ports than need to be
    open in the firewall for incoming and/or outgoing traffic?

(Rationale: we're seriously considering locking down access to the
LAN in Tails.)