Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell
Alan:
> % Call for participation : port windows camouflage to GNOME 3.14

I added this to a branch. See the current version of the call here:

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/tree/wiki/src/news/windows_camouflage_jessie.mdwn?h=news/windows_camouflage_jessie

I was wondering whether we should use a shorter title. We use a big font
for titles (that could be fixed) but I'd like to see if we can avoid
wrapping titles. That's why I did a731b9f. Feel free to revert it if you
don't like it as I'm not 100% convinced either.

> # Where should you start?
>
> Please read
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/update_camouflage_for_jessie/, then

I'm a bit concerned about what will happen once we sent out the call.
Hopefully we will have between 5 and 10 answers from random people who
will write to the list saying "hello, I'm interested in this". What are
you going to answer them?

Because if we're interested in their past experience on GNOME before we
spend time mentoring them, then we might as well ask this upfront.

You also silently ignored my concern about money. If giving out money
can help us recruiting more qualified people and do less filtering and
mentoring, them I'm all for it. But then I'm not sure whether you like
the idea of being mentoring someone else who is being paid and I'm not
sure how to put it in the announcement in the first place so I'm ok to
try without mentioning money at all first.

We might as well delay those questions for once the call is passed, but
our past experience with the bounty program proved that getting external
people to do work for us definitely doesn't come for free (as in "free
time")!

--
sajolida