Re: [Tails-dev] Where to send a notification when a Jenkins …

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Where to send a notification when a Jenkins build fails?
intrigeri:
> sajolida wrote (06 Dec 2014 10:55:26 GMT) :
>> intrigeri:
>>> I guess we'll want something more fine-grained (e.g. notify the person
>>> who broke stuff
>
>> How do you know who broken the stuff? Are you reconsidering using a
>> collective name to sign commits?
>
> Yes. IIRC, last times we've discussed this, we've realized that it
> doesn't make much sense anymore to use a shared name in Git, since
> Redmine and this list's archives disclose who did the work anyway, 99%
> of the time. As long as we have no strong incentive to change, keeping
> things as-is is the easiest thing to do. But once we get an actual
> need to match commits with individual email addresses, maybe we'll
> want to go ahead and stop using a shared name.

I agree with the reasoning, and that change is fine with me.

But still, it would be cool to do a survey to check everybody's feeling
about since it somehow relates to anonymity, even if not as much as in
the good old days because of the reasons that you mentioned. You know,
sometimes feelings and reason doesn't go hand-in-hand.

If so, then this should be part of the decision process on the advanced
ISO building automation that we will be working on hopefully in 2015.
And I could create a ticket for that.

--
sajolida