Re: [Tails-dev] Where to send a notification when a Jenkins …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Where to send a notification when a Jenkins build fails?
sajolida wrote (06 Dec 2014 10:55:26 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> I guess we'll want something more fine-grained (e.g. notify the person
>> who broke stuff

> How do you know who broken the stuff? Are you reconsidering using a
> collective name to sign commits?

Yes. IIRC, last times we've discussed this, we've realized that it
doesn't make much sense anymore to use a shared name in Git, since
Redmine and this list's archives disclose who did the work anyway, 99%
of the time. As long as we have no strong incentive to change, keeping
things as-is is the easiest thing to do. But once we get an actual
need to match commits with individual email addresses, maybe we'll
want to go ahead and stop using a shared name.