Re: [Tails-dev] Tails and forensics

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails and forensics
On 14/12/14 04:39, Austin Hartzheim wrote:
> Also, if you would like some help with extracting the torrent files
> from the Git repository, I should have some time Tuesday/Wednesday
> (UTC) to grab those. Let me know if you want help with that.

This should make the process pretty short:

    mkdir /tmp/tails-torrents
    git log --reverse --format=%H -- wiki/src/torrents/files/ | \
      while read commit; do
        git checkout $commit
        cp wiki/src/torrents/files/*.torrent* /tmp/tails-torrents
      done

Note: the purpose of `--reverse` in the above is so that we always get
the latest version of all files. Sometimes we've found last minute
errors that have resulted in a new Tails image being built => the
.torrent (and signature) changes too.

Batch verification:

    for torrent in /tmp/tails-torrents/*.torrent; do
      echo $torrent:
      sig=$(for ext in sig pgp asc; do
              ls $torrent.$ext 2>/dev/null && break
            done)
      gpg --verify $sig $torrent
      echo
    done

It's expected that some early (when Tails was called amnesia) .torrent:s
lack signatures.

Cheers!