Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell
Hi,

Alan wrote (06 Dec 2014 16:54:53 GMT) :
> I agree on not having camouflage blocking for Tails/Jessie.

This is starting to look like a consensus, then :)

>> >   * let's specify how Tails/Jessie's Windows Camouflage should look
>> >     like, and put the implementation ideas and pointers we have into
>> >     a blueprint

> I can do a blueprint specifying the must and extras.

Awesome!

> Do you agree on what I proposed ? (desktop interface looking like
> Win 8/8.1, no requirement for metro-like interface in activities
> overview).

Yes. Thanks to the feedback you got during the last steps of the
development of the Wheezy version, I guess you have everything in hand
to write a quite detailed blueprint (not necessarily a set of strict
specifications, but at least list the kind of "details" that can
easily take twice as much time as the initial PoC).

>> >   * let's make the two first above points clear, e.g. in a blog post
>> >     calling for help and pointing to the blueprint => if volunteers
>> >     show up, then awesome, Alan can give them a hand while focussing
>> >     primarily on other Tails/Jessie -related tasks

>> Same here. I would try to make this problem more public and see if we
>> can find people or money to do that externally or only once we sorted
>> out the rest of Tails Jessie.
>>
> I would accept to give people a hand but don't see myself do a full
> mentoring of volunteers alone without participating in the funny
> tasks.

I'm glad if you participate in the funny tasks too, as long as you can
do it "while focussing primarily on other Tails/Jessie -related
tasks". Fair enough?