Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell
sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> intrigeri:
> > Alan wrote (02 Dec 2014 14:24:35 GMT) :
> >> Do we still want to provide Windows Camouflage? How much energy do
> >> we want to put in it and who wants to participate?
> >
> > My current position is:
> >
> >   * let's focus on everything else that's on our way towards
> > releasing Tails/Jessie
> >   * let's not consider the possible lack of Windows Camouflage as
> >     blocking the initial Tails/Jessie release

I agree on not having camouflage blocking for Tails/Jessie.

> >   * let's specify how Tails/Jessie's Windows Camouflage should look
> >     like, and put the implementation ideas and pointers we have into
> >     a blueprint

I can do a blueprint specifying the must and extras. Do you agree on
what I proposed ? (desktop interface looking like Win 8/8.1, no
requirement for metro-like interface in activities overview).

> >   * let's make the two first above points clear, e.g. in a blog post
> >     calling for help and pointing to the blueprint => if volunteers
> >     show up, then awesome, Alan can give them a hand while focussing
> >     primarily on other Tails/Jessie -related tasks

> Same here. I would try to make this problem more public and see if we
> can find people or money to do that externally or only once we sorted
> out the rest of Tails Jessie.

I would accept to give people a hand but don't see myself do a full
mentoring of volunteers alone without participating in the funny
tasks.

Cheers