Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2.1] feature/7740-remove-t…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2.1] feature/7740-remove-truecrypt
On 25/11/14 16:16, anonym wrote:
> On 17/10/14 18:16, intrigeri wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this branch implements the very last step on the incremental path
>> toward removing TrueCrypt. The doc was already reviewed and improved
>> by sajolida.

[...]
> I'm currently looking into this one, and have assigned the tickets to me.

I tested opening a bunch containers using different cipher and hash
algorithms, both normal and hidden volumes, and key-protected ones. All
seemed to work, and the docs are easy to follow. I noticed cryptsetup's
lack of an option to mount the outer volume while protecting the inner
one, but that doesn't seem like a blocker.

Merged!

However, in the TrueCrypt documentation we have an info bubble saying:
"We recommend that you use [[LUKS encrypted volumes]] instead of
TrueCrypt volumes." While the LUKS page in turn links to our persistence
feature's docs, I think it would be convenient if we would link to it
directly in that info bubble because probably that is what the user
actually wants, since the integration into Tails makes it so easy to use.

Cheers!