[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.3] bugfix/8257-more-robust-tor…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.3] bugfix/8257-more-robust-tor_bootstrap_progress
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.3] bugfix/8257-more-robust-tor_bootstrap_progress
hi,

I've noticed that bug thanks to the Journal capturing such error
output on Tails/Jessie, but it affects Wheezy too. We're using the
affected function in tor-has-bootstrapped, that some users can run
with passwordless sudo, so better make it more robust to be on the
slightly safer side.

Please review'n'merge into devel for 1.3, unless you feel comfortable
to take it into 1.2.1 (if I were the RM, I wouldn't, since AFAICT it's
mostly cosmetic, and without any practical implication unless we use
the affected function in a "set -e" script -- not checked if we did).

It passes the time sync', torified browsing and Windows camouflage
features of our automated test suite. Not tried to run the rest.

(Off-topic: I've seen a few transient failures at "When I start the
Tor Browser": the apps menu is open, but the "Internet" sub-menu
isn't, and then of course the Tor Browser menu entry isn't there.
Seen that too?)

cheers,