Re: [Tails-dev] keeping up with transports

Author: Emma Peel
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] keeping up with transports
On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 12:50:12 +0100
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve here. Let me try
> harder.
>
> If it's about "users always ask if $PT is supported and we need to be
> able to point them to some already written answer", then the list of
> bridges/PT types we support is maintained on
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/startup_options/bridge_mode/.
> Other bridges/PT types are not supported. Maybe we need a FAQ entry
> about "Is $PT supported in Tails?" that simply points to the
> corresponding doc.

This is exactly what I wanted to say. There are many users that want to
test the last transports, they always want to have the new Barbie or
they are interested on testing more private things on Tails.

We should spend some time writing documentation like the one we have
about VPN and Tor and similar ones, even if it is just linking to the
Tor documentation pages.

From the frontdesk POV, it would be great to have access to reasoning
regarding this problems with an official tone, even if its to say 'we
are never going to do that, is crazy!', that's why I hijacked this
thread and asked about proxychains and obfs3 bridges.

cheers