Re: [Tails-dev] I2P isolation vs usability

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] I2P isolation vs usability
BitingBird wrote:
>> My short-term plan is to allow the Tor Browser to read/write from/to
>> one special directory in $HOME (likely: "Downloads"). I guess the same
>> trick could be used for the I2P Browser: we could bind-mount
>> a directory from $HOME into the I2P Browser's chroot. I think these
>> two directories should be different.
>>
>> The implementations would be different, but the resulting UX would be
>> the same, hence both could share basically the same documentation.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Seems good to me, relatively usable. Maybe you should open a ticket with
> your plan ? I searched and found none (at least in the "browser" category).

Seems good to me as well. The download folder for I2P could be called
"I2P Downloads" maybe, or "Downloads - I2P" to appear side by side with
"Downloads" in the file browser?

Once we have some rough agreement on this it might be useful to raise
the issue on tails-ux.

Unfortunately, it will be too late to have this in 1.2.1 but I would
mark this as a UX regression to be fixed in 1.3.

--
sajolida