Re: [Tails-dev] Dropping the alternate US keyboard layout? (…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Dropping the alternate US keyboard layout? (#7912)
intrigeri wrote:
> I'd love to see a proper fix come in, but I'm not confident this will
> happen any time soon, and it seems to be that we should optimize for
> the main use case (as a user, I want the keyboard layout I chose to be
> applied consistently), instead of introducing bugs by trying to cope
> with a less-wide-spread use case (as a user, I want to switch between
> US and $local keyboard layouts) that can still be satisfied (by
> manually adding the US keyboard layout).
>
> Still I'm unsure, as I've no idea how widespread the latter use
> case is. Any idea?

I'm ok with that reasoning for Latin scripts but I wonder whether this
still applies to non-Latin scripts?

I bet that people using Asian, Cyrillic, or Arabic characters often
switch between to different scripts as the vast majority of the web is
unfortunately written and design for Latin script.

--
sajolida