Re: [Tails-project] Call for donations

Author: u
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Call for donations
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote:
>> > - If you have some spare time to help me write it or review it.

Sorry, i just dicovered this request of yours.

> I already have a draft, so only review is needed now:
>
> http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/tree/wiki/src/news/who_are_you_helping.mdwn?h=web/8213-call-for-donations

Great!

I copied it here : https://pad.riseup.net/p/tailsdonate and tried to
simplify the intro text a little bit (before the quotes from the ground).

For texts addressing people (not supporting organizations), I strongly
believe in George Orwell's writing rules [1] and thus tried to shorten
some sentences as this makes it easier to read.

>> > - Regarding the calendar. Shall we rather do that later on?
> That's still relevant.

I do not understand your question. Would be great to have this for the
beginning of december I guess.

>> > - If you have some ideas or opinions on how to have it displayed
>> > prominently on the website: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8215
> And this even more. I'll try to do a mockup for this soon.

That last question is not very clear to me yet :)) So a mockup would
possibly be nice to help me imagine what you intend to do.

Do you expect to insert the whole text to header/footer/overlay? Seems
pretty long, no?

>From my personal POV, I also need to say that I hate those overlays,

also those of Wikipedia.. I find them too intrusive.

What about a kind of headline which would link to the donate page? Or..
for example, displaying those quotes on the homepage in a kind of
slideshow just before the news section? There are slideshows possible
without JS these days i think..

How do you want to integrate the call with the donate page? Shall the
text appear on the donate page too ?

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_orwell#Influence_on_language_and_writing