Re: [Tails-dev] mirroring Tails's website

Author: intrigeri
To: Daniel Jakots, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] mirroring Tails's website
Hi,

Daniel Jakots wrote (04 Nov 2014 21:52:32 GMT) :
> I understand the point (even I don't agree with :p) but, the fact that
> there is no way provided is because you don't want that the domain
> tails. points on other addresses (like it's done for dl.) or you simply
> don't want people to run mirrors even for their own needs?

IMO, you can do whatever you want for your own needs, as long as 1.
you don't incitate other people to use it, and 2. the website copy
makes it clear that it's an unofficial copy, meant only for your
own use.

> FWIW, I finally setup my mirror [2] with wget and thanks to the fact
> that the site is static, it seems to work fine.

I think I would instead build it from source with ikiwiki. This would
help implementing the "makes it clear that it's a copy for private
use" part.

Maybe simply hide this mirror behind HTTP authentication?