[Tails-dev] mirroring Tails's website

Author: Daniel Jakots
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] mirroring Tails's website
Hi,

I wanted to host a mirror (for my own and selfish needs) of the Tails
website, I found [1] but it's about mirroring files like ISOs which is
not what I want. I asked on #tails and I was told that it wasn't
possible. I looked in the archives and read:

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 12:43:33 +0200, intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> DP Tor-Contact wrote (03 Aug 2014 10:00:54 GMT) :
> > But would there bee a need of a "standard" internet mirror?
>
> I'm not sure how we could have such mirrors that we trust enough.
> Our documented installation and upgrade process relies heavily on it.

I understand the point (even I don't agree with :p) but, the fact that
there is no way provided is because you don't want that the domain
tails. points on other addresses (like it's done for dl.) or you simply
don't want people to run mirrors even for their own needs?

FWIW, I finally setup my mirror [2] with wget and thanks to the fact
that the site is static, it seems to work fine.

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/mirror/
[2]: http://tails.chown.me that's just to show the result, please don't
use it

Cheers,