Re: [Tails-dev] Torbutton in crazy DEBUG mode dumping ALL hi…

Author: intrigeri
To: Al Bundy, The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.2.1] bugfix/8160-restrict-tor-browser-logging [Was: Torbutton in crazy DEBUG mode dumping ALL history to ~/.xsession-errors]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Torbutton in crazy DEBUG mode dumping ALL history to ~/.xsession-errors
Hi,

> Why is Torbutton in DEBUG mode, spewing info about the sites you visit
> into amnesia user's .xsession-errors file and where can I turn this
> Torbutton DEBUG setting OFF?

Thanks, filed as #8160.

You can redirect Torbutton's debug output to something else (e.g.
the browser's JavaScript console) extensions.torbutton.logmethod in
about:config. Or disable debug output with loglevelwith some pref in
about:config. See https://www.torproject.org/docs/torbutton/en/design/
for the meaning of the values that can be assigned to these prefs.