Re: [Tails-dev] Replace TrueCrypt with VeraCrypt.

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, bm-2ctflur4qkrdwq65d1d2tcapqqbphibwgv
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Replace TrueCrypt with VeraCrypt.
bm-2ctflur4qkrdwq65d1d2tcapqqbphibwgv@??? wrote:
> Tails OS Devs:
>
> You might want to replace TrueCrypt with VeraCrypt - an On The Fly
> Encryption open source software at codeplex:
>
> https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/
>
> Something to think about. Although I cannot say anything for this
> particular software as a replacement for TrueCrypt. VeraCrypt is still
> under development: you might want to contact them for more information.
> Furthermore, the software is open source and you're free to view the
> code yourself. I am not sure if the code is available at github but I
> believe it is, including codeplex.

Thanks for the pointer.

Before considering including veracrypt in Tails is needs to:

  - Be available in Debian.
  - Prove that it covers important use cases that are not already
    covered by LUKS and cryptsetup which are in Tails already.

See https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/#new_software

Feel free to provide more info in this regard.

--
sajolida