[Tails-dev] Replace TrueCrypt with VeraCrypt.

Author: bm-2ctflur4qkrdwq65d1d2tcapqqbphibwgv
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Replace TrueCrypt with VeraCrypt.
Tails OS Devs:

You might want to replace TrueCrypt with VeraCrypt - an On The Fly
Encryption open source software at codeplex:

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/

VeraCrypt:

Project Description:

VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX
(http://www.idrix.fr) and that is based on TrueCrypt. It adds enhanced
security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption
making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks. It also
solves many vulnerabilities and security issues found in TrueCrypt. The
following post describes parts of the major enhancements and corrections
done so far:
https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/discussions/569777#PostContent_1313325

Something to think about. Although I cannot say anything for this
particular software as a replacement for TrueCrypt. VeraCrypt is still
under development: you might want to contact them for more information.
Furthermore, the software is open source and you're free to view the
code yourself. I am not sure if the code is available at github but I
believe it is, including codeplex.

Thanks,
Anonymous.