Re: [Tails-l10n] Please test l10n status of Tails/Jessie

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Please test l10n status of Tails/Jessie
Hi,

[regarding pidgin-otr French translation]

mercedes508 wrote (14 Oct 2014 16:08:56 GMT) :
>> That's all I found for the moment.
>> I'll look for upstream fixes later.

> I sent an email to the upstream translator.

pidgin-otr is nowadays maintained in Git, so you can try and find the
latest fr.po from:

* Ian's repo: git://git-crysp.uwaterloo.ca/otr/pidgin-otr
* official repo: git://git.code.sf.net/p/otr/pidgin-otr
* otr.im repo: https://bugs.otr.im/git/pidgin_otr.git

No idea which one has the latest version, that should be translated,
but I would guess that the official repo is the one to go first, and
then check if one of the two others has additional commits against
po/fr.po.

Hoping this helps getting a well-translated pidgin-otr in Jessie :)

Note that the deadline for *uploading* a package with a fixed
translation is in ten days now. I'll happily upload this to Debian
assuming 0. the patch has been reviewed; 1. the patch has been
submitted upstream first; 2. the patch is against current Debian's
fr.po. This latter requirement probably means that slightly different
patches need to be submitted upstream, and to Debian, since po/fr.po
has evolved quite a lot upstream since the last release we're shipping
in Debian.