[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] several browser localizatio…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] several browser localization fixes [Was: [review'n'merge:1.2] feature/tor-browser-4.0]
14/10/14 14:16, anonym wrote:
> 14/10/14 11:28, intrigeri wrote:
>> anonym wrote (13 Oct 2014 15:53:54 GMT) :
>>> Please review and merge (Git and APT) into devel and testing.
>>
>> Merged, congrats! Please in turn merge into the refactoring branch,
>> and resolve conflicts there.
>>
>> However, there are still a bunch of serious unaddressed issues:

I found yet another issue with Tor Browser/Launcher localization in
general, filed as #8122.

Any way, I think I have solved all the above issues (except the upstream
issue #8092) with the following branches:

bugfix/8036-workaround-for-localized-searchplugins
bugfix/8037-install-localized-wikipedia-searchplugins
bugfix/8060-fix-default-search-engine
bugfix/8122-better-browser-localization

Note that the fix for #8036 is just a workaround, so we should either
leave it or close it and open a fresh research ticket or something.

Any way, it's all merged into experimental, and my own tests look good.
Note that you can test all locales without rebooting Tails like this:

    # Only do this once, but it must be done before starting the
    # Tor Browser
    cp -a .tor-browser .tor-browser.orig

    # Test Tor Browser
    export LANG=pt_PT.UTF-8
    rm -r .tor-browser && cp -a .tor-browser.orig .tor-browser && \
        tor-browser

The I2P and Unsafe Browsers can be tested by just exporting `LANG`, but
a reboot is needed for Tor Launcher (well, you can set the locale in
/etc/live/locale and remove /home/tor-launcher/.tor-launcher and then
run `sudo tails-tor-launcher`).

Cheers!