Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regul…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regular Tor Browser
11/10/14 12:40, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the record, I've already reviewed and merged the branches that fix
> #8057 and #8035.
>
> Now, reviewing the branch for #8031.
>
> 0. The script looks much better and understandable to me, congrats!

\o/

> 1. install_debian_extensions() could take the list of packaged
>    extensions as arguments (after the tbb_install one); sure,
>    that's cosmetic.

Done in commit a41768b.

> 2. BUNDLES should be moved to a configuration file, which first would
>    more clearly separate code from configuration, and second would
>    simplify the release process (after verifying sha256sums.txt, just
>    copy it to the right place).

I separated all data (url also, since it can be expected to change
frequently) from the hook in commit d46be96.

> 3. Please apply tails-greeter_fix-browser-localization-path.patch to
>    the Greeter's master branch, so that we simply can't forget to
>    migrate it there: as soon as a new Greeter with this patch is
>    uploaded, ISO builds will start failing so you'll automatically be
>    reminded of dropping the patch from our main Git repo.

Done in commit ca74f94.

> I'm going to merge the current state of this branch, since it's
> already a clear improvement over the current situation. Still, I'd
> rather not call this complete until #2 and #3 are addressed. #1 would
> be a nice bonus, and seems trivial, but not a blocker.

Please merge feature/8031-refactor-10-rbb-hook into devel and testing if
everything looks good!

(BTW: For conflict resolution with the stuff from
feature/tor-browser-4.0, have a look at how it was done for experimental
in commit 1e9e1442e4b3ad8e82492ebd2d856ec45c02a884)

Cheers!