Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regul…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regular Tor Browser
Hi,

for the record, I've already reviewed and merged the branches that fix
#8057 and #8035.

Now, reviewing the branch for #8031.

0. The script looks much better and understandable to me, congrats!
1. install_debian_extensions() could take the list of packaged
extensions as arguments (after the tbb_install one); sure,
that's cosmetic.
2. BUNDLES should be moved to a configuration file, which first would
more clearly separate code from configuration, and second would
simplify the release process (after verifying sha256sums.txt, just
copy it to the right place).
3. Please apply tails-greeter_fix-browser-localization-path.patch to
the Greeter's master branch, so that we simply can't forget to
migrate it there: as soon as a new Greeter with this patch is
uploaded, ISO builds will start failing so you'll automatically be
reminded of dropping the patch from our main Git repo.

I'm going to merge the current state of this branch, since it's
already a clear improvement over the current situation. Still, I'd
rather not call this complete until #2 and #3 are addressed. #1 would
be a nice bonus, and seems trivial, but not a blocker.