Re: [Tails-ux] Status of the new greeter UI

Autor: tchou
Para: tails-ux
Asunto: Re: [Tails-ux] Status of the new greeter UI
Hey,

sajolida@???:
> sajolida@??? wrote:
>> > I'm divided between:
>> >
>> > - Making the three choices more homogenous and making it more clear
>> > that there are three different paths: "guided", "advanced", and
>> > "default". That's my option.
>> >
>> > - Making it clear that the "default" path goes straight into Tails.
>> > That's more your option. But I thought that this was implied by "default".
>> >
>> > What's your opinion on this?
> Following up on this we had another idea.
>
> What about putting the language selection in a vertical column on the
> left, like the Ubuntu installer does:
>
> https://assets.ubuntu.com/sites/ubuntu/latest/u/img/download/desktop/install-ubuntu-desktop/image-installdesktoplongtermsupport-1.jpg
>
> And use a similar horizontal dropdown for the keyboard layout.
>
> See screenshot in attachment.
>
> The advantages of this are:
>
> - We get rid of the language labels for that selection.
> - We have more vertical space to display more languages by default.
> - We have more horizontal space to display the name of the keyboard
> layouts (some are pretty long like: "Arabic (Morocco) - Berber (Morocco,
> Tifinagh alternative phonetic)" (sic).

I see one disadvantage related to the "Remember your localisation options".

I feel the language + the keyboard + units should be in a same block and
the "Remember" bouton just underneath so there is no doubt that this
button is for all this configurations (more or less like in the curent
mockup).

We could have something like :

=======================
|                     |
|    language         |
|                     |
|    keyboard         |
|                     |
|    units            |

========== remember===|

or

|    language | keybord |  units        |

--
tchou