Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex reviews + find a term we all like…

Author: Dominik Pilatzki
To: Tails localization discussion
New-Topics: [Tails-l10n] Create a glossary for German Re: Transifex reviews + find a term we all like Re: Please test l10n status of Tails/Jessie
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex reviews + find a term we all like Re: Please test l10n status of Tails/Jessie
Hi,
where do I find the Transifex stuff in particular? I will have a look on
those tonight.

Yeah I also think that "beständige Speicherpartition" ist the best term.
It points exactly out that we are dealing only with one partition. The
other terms may be confusing.

The idea to create a glossary is important and we really need one. I
think that a pad is a good start. Later we could create a page on the
Tails documentation wiki. (in the translation section)

Cheers,
spriver

Am 2014-10-06 10:56, schrieb u:
> Hi
>
>> sounds better this way. We should also just use this terms in the
>> Documentation.
>
> Thanks for your comment, spriver.
>
> On friday i did a lot of Transifex reviewing and tried to uniformize a
> little bit the used translation terms.
>
> It would be cool if somebody else could go over the translations again
> though.
>
> For "persistent partition" i now used "beständige Speicherpartition".
> But we could also use "beständiger Datenspeicher" or "permanenter
> Datenspeicher". What do you think?
>
> I decided to use "Speicherpartition" because persistency is basically a
> partition on the USB device. I thought if we use only "Datenspeicher"
> we
> might lose some understanding by the users, whereas "partition" is a
> correct term for what this thing actually really is and thus, using
> this
> term might help them to better understand what they are doing and
> dealing with.
>
> I think it's time that we work on some binding glossary. Any idea
> where/how we could do that? Shall we schedule a meeting on IRC, or
> rather use a pad where we can edit together? Or are there any tools
> which might help us to maintain a glossary?
>
> Cheers,
> u.
>
>>> But, still. We should at some point grep all those translations and
>>> use
>>> only one term in
>>>
>>> Speichergerät
>>> Speichermedium