Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex reviews + find a term we all like…

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex reviews + find a term we all like Re: Please test l10n status of Tails/Jessie
Hi

> sounds better this way. We should also just use this terms in the
> Documentation.

Thanks for your comment, spriver.

On friday i did a lot of Transifex reviewing and tried to uniformize a
little bit the used translation terms.

It would be cool if somebody else could go over the translations again
though.

For "persistent partition" i now used "beständige Speicherpartition".
But we could also use "beständiger Datenspeicher" or "permanenter
Datenspeicher". What do you think?

I decided to use "Speicherpartition" because persistency is basically a
partition on the USB device. I thought if we use only "Datenspeicher" we
might lose some understanding by the users, whereas "partition" is a
correct term for what this thing actually really is and thus, using this
term might help them to better understand what they are doing and
dealing with.

I think it's time that we work on some binding glossary. Any idea
where/how we could do that? Shall we schedule a meeting on IRC, or
rather use a pad where we can edit together? Or are there any tools
which might help us to maintain a glossary?

Cheers,
u.