Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie session localization (#7897)

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie session localization (#7897)
Hi,

Alan wrote (23 Sep 2014 15:15:43 GMT) :
> I'm giving up on https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7897: Fix
> localization of GNOME session.

Thanks for making this clear.

> We have a working workaround but I can't find a proper fix after
> hours of research and tests.

It would be be useful to know exactly what you've tried and tested.
Otherwise, anyone else who has a look will likely start with
duplicating all of this work, which would be a shame, and, I have to
say, not terribly exciting...

> Would someone please have a look? Should we ask GNOME developers?

E.g. you wrote "I tried to boot tails jessie, comment the line
modifying .xsessionrc and change org.freedesktop.locale1.Locale with
gdbus. It's changed but the locale not applied in the session so it's
not the solution." -- how exactly did you try this?

(E.g. .xsessionrc is sourced *before* D-Bus is started, so if you did
it via this file, it couldn't possibly work.)

> Consider the fix good enough?

I'd rather not to give up *now*. We can still give up once we're on
the last mile before releasing something based on Jessie.