Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regul…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regular Tor Browser
Hi,

great to see some initial work on the migration to FF31 in that
branch! I'm going to build a test ISO right away.

Wrt. commit 4ba3198 ("Run Tor Browser using the TBB's shared
libraries"), two questions:

  * Does this mean that without this commit, the Tor Browser was only
    using system libraries (e.g. NSS)? If it is so, I think the design
    doc needs to make it clear that we *really* need the Tor Browser
    binary to use the bundled libs, and how it's implemented. Also,
    I think we should have at least a manual test about this.

  * Doesn't the tor-launcher script need to do the same? (And then,
    the I2P browser one too, and then maybe we should refactor this
    somehow, if it needs to be replicated in 4 different places.)