Re: [Tails-dev] Help needed on new icons for Tails OpenPGP A…

Author: Clement Hermann
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Help needed on new icons for Tails OpenPGP Applet
On 29/09/2014 14:10, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 09/27/2014 10:31 AM, Clement Hermann wrote:
>> as part of my work on Tails OpenPGP Apllet to make it suitable for
>> Debian, I found out the icons were licensed under CC-BY-SA 2.0, which is
>> not DFSG compliant.
> I wasn't aware that CC-BY-SA is not DFSG compliant -- or is it just the
> older version number (2.0) that has this issue? can you point to any
> discussion about this?

It's just the 2.0 and 2.5 versions.
It's in the Debian wiki :
https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#Creative_Commons_Attribution-Share_Alike_Generic_.28CC-BY-SA.29.2C_v1.0

See the thread I started on debian-devel :

also :
http://lists.debian.org/20130125003926.GA12604@falafel.plessy.net

> Also, i'm part of the debian GnuPG packaging team [0], which packages
> GnuPG-related tools, and has several experienced debian packagers on it.
>
> If you'd like review of your debian packaging of the OpenPGP applet,
> please join the mailing list and drop us a note -- if you would like the
> applet to be team-maintained, that mailing list is also a good place to
> start that discussion.

Great !

I already work on this with Holger for now, but if he's too busy that
might be a good solution. Thanks for the offer !

Anyway, there are still some work to be done in order to make a proper
upstream project (i18n inclusion and a minimal project page on alioth to
host tarballs, at the very least, actually I'd love to have some help here).

Clément (nodens)