[Tails-dev] Help needed on new icons for Tails OpenPGP Apple…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Clement Hermann
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: [Tails-dev] Help needed on new icons for Tails OpenPGP Applet
Hi there,

as part of my work on Tails OpenPGP Apllet to make it suitable for
Debian, I found out the icons were licensed under CC-BY-SA 2.0, which is
not DFSG compliant.

So, after trying hard - and failing - to find an upstream able to
relicense them, I decided to just remake them using the last version of
the Tango Icon Library which is CC0 (public domain). Those interested in
my endeavours can take a look at
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7742 - but let me warn you, it's boring.

So, I just finished remaking all the icons. The thing is, I'm not an
artist. I just used inkscape and copy/paste/resize. These icons look OK
to me, but I'd like someone - more skilled than I am - to check my work.

I kept "Public Domain" as a license, but we could relicense it using
whatever we like (the same as the rest of the code, that is GPL/Artistic
could be easier). I'd like input on this as well.

The work is available on the OpenPGP Applet repo, in the
bugfix/7742-Non-DFSG_compliant_images branch :
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/nodens/openpgp-applet/?h=bugfix%2F7742-Non-DFSG_compliant_images

Please ignore the somewhat chaotic git history, only the last commit is
significant.

I'd love some input - or better, patches ! :)

Clément (nodens)