Re: [Tails-dev] Tor 0.2.5.x and Tails

Author: Nick Mathewson
To: intrigeri
CC: Roger Dingledine, The Tails public development discussion list, Andrea Shepard
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor 0.2.5.x and Tails
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Hi little-t-tor hackers,
>
> I've successfully run the Tails automated test suite against an ISO
> that has Tor 0.2.5.7-rc installed, and the syscall sandbox enabled :)
> I've not tested bridges / PT support yet, though.
>
> Do you think we should ship Tor 0.2.5.x in Tails 1.2 (scheduled for
> October 14), or stick with the stable 0.2.4.x instead?

My opinion is that Tor 0.2.5.x is better than 0.2.4.x, if it's working
with you. (If it's not working for you, please make sure we know what
the blocking tickets are.)

The syscall sandboxing code is likely to interfere with managed PTs,
for what that's worth.

--
Nick