Re: [Tails-ux] Feedbacks from Fiodor [ was : greeter UX: adv…

Author: tchou
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Feedbacks from Fiodor [ was : greeter UX: advanced options ]
Hey,

sajolida@???:
> Placing myself from the point of view of an experienced user. I want to
> be able to start Tails with one screen only since I'm doing this several
> times a day. And both the localization and the persistence options are
> needed in a typical use.
>
> But still, I think we can make this screen less crowded in most scenarios:
>
> A. First of all, in a new installation for a first-time user, the
> persistence options won't appear since there is no persistence by default.
>
> B. Even when there is a persistent volume, we could have first a button
> saying "Enable persistence". And if clicked only, have the password
> field and "read-only" option appear.

I would prefere to remove the toggle button: enabled by default (because
I think it's the main use case).

- If there is persitence in the usb stick : the field (with autofocus).
If the user don't want to enable the persistence, he does not fill the
field.
- if there is no persistance in the usb stick : nothing.

And I suggest again to move the "Read only" option elsewhere (in
advanced options). I don't know anybody using it.

So we would have :
    Persistence  [More info]