Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] feature/5373-replace-tr…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] feature/5373-replace-truecrypt
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (10 Sep 2014 16:54:03 GMT) :
> I will review the documentation in details later on.

Great.

> But I have a first concern about 169493d.
> What prevents us from say exactly when this will happen?

IIRC the decision was that the goal was to remove TrueCrypt in 1.3,
but if someone was ready to make it happen faster than in 1.3, then so
be it. Fact is that I've got almost everything ready in Git for the
final removal step (waiting for the documentation to be completed
before I adjust it in feature/7740-remove-truecrypt, to avoid painful
merge conflicts), so it could be done in 1.2.1.

> I think that saying "as soon as possible" doesn't mean much to
> the user.

I agree. I merely tried to convey the decision we've made.

> When you say that this might happen before 1.3, do you think that this
> is suitable for 1.2.1, a point release?

Yes. The feature/5373-replace-truecrypt..feature/7740-remove-truecrypt
diff seems safe to me. If the RM for 1.2.1 (anonym) agrees, then I can
formally retarget the removal for 1.2.1, make the warning message
clearer accordingly, and add a calendar entry. anonym?