Re: [Tails-ux] Status of the new greeter UI

Author: sajolida
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Status of the new greeter UI
sajolida@??? wrote:
> I know that I am very late on this but I really want to reword every
> phrasing on the UI. The feedback from u a Fiodor make it clear that this
> was really needed.

I started working on that. There's plenty of stuff in the
`web/greeter-wording` branch. Here are the resulting PNGs:

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/plain/wiki/src/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/greeter-1st-screen-dvd.png?h=web/greeter-wording

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/plain/wiki/src/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/greeter-1st-screen-langsaved.png?h=web/greeter-wording

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/plain/wiki/src/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/greeter-1st-screen-persistence-1.png?h=web/greeter-wording

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/plain/wiki/src/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/greeter-1st-screen-persistence-2.png?h=web/greeter-wording

The most controversial change is probably the one removing all the short
descriptions in the advanced configuration screen as suggested by Fiodor:

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/plain/wiki/src/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/greeter-advanced-screen.png?h=web/greeter-wording

By the way, I don't understand what the "Persistent encrypted data and
configuration" On/Off trigger does in the advanced configuration... It
seems a duplicate from the one in the first screen to me.

I still want to rewrite the guided configuration but that is quite more
detailed work.

I also want to change the progress tracker to an horizontal one, like on
most websites.

See some examples on
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/15/progress-trackers-in-web-design-examples-and-best-design-practices/

--