Re: [Tails-l10n] [review] spanish translation - about

Author: Emma Peel
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [review] spanish translation - about
On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:06:11 +0000
sajolida@??? wrote:

> So maybe until then we should do it a bit differently. You could work
> on separate pages (eg. Emma on About, you on Index), and do the review
> process amongst yourselves. Then the core team could merge each new
> translation into a branch of the main repo, say po/es. So your work
> gets approved and integrated in the main repo little by little even
> if it is not available on the website yet.

Yeah I thought we will integrate it before, but intrigeri mentioned
merging just after we finished translating the core pages...

> 3. Please create a new thread for each batch of translation. Start a
> new thread when asking for the review of new translations. Then stick
> to it while doing your review process. Then make it clear to the core
> team when this has to be merged, ideally creating a new thread for
> the merge only once it has been reviewed.
>
> For example, this time you should have created a new thread making it
> clear which pages you were translating and asking for review.
>
> 4. It would probably bit marginally helpful if you shared the same
> branch name to work on your translations. But that's not a strong
> requirement. I suggest po/es, but feel free to propose something
> different. We'll use the same name on the main repo to integrate your
> translations little by little before activate Spanish on the website.

Regarding po/es, maybe I am slower on git that I shoudl but I had some
issues with that name of branch as it has a "/" in the middle and gets
nervous when is a remote branch. Am I the only one? In internet seems
that people discourages using "/" on branch names.

I see we can have a lot of discussion related to starting the spanish
translation up to the point of merging and maybe it would be better if
we have a separated mailing list for spanish lang, so we don't disturb
so much this one. Sajolida, do you think we can get a mailing list for
it? No 3Mb pictures on it, I promise!