Re: [Tails-project] Code of Conduct

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Public mailing list about the Tails project
Asunto: Re: [Tails-project] Code of Conduct
Hi,

BitingBird wrote (22 Aug 2014 20:32:48 GMT) :
> sajolida@???:
>> Maybe the bullet point about recording should be adapted a bit. I'm
>> thinking for example, about not quoting in public something that has
>> been said in private without consent. The "public" and "private" could
>> be ambiguous, but probably not more than many things in this text, and I
>> think this is not the point here.
>>
>> I'm not sure how this relates to this code of conduct which is more
>> about not being a jerk than about respecting privacy and security
>> policies, but that idea came to my mind while reading it again. And I
>> know that this is a shared concerned by other people on this list :)

I am one of these who care a lot about this here.

> I see your point, but... if somebody harrasses me in private, I'm going
> to make it public. And it seems important to me to not discourage that.

ACK.

> So we have to find a good formulation :)

I think I'd express "don't publish private communication" as the
general case, and then add a note about potentially acceptable
exceptions (and perhaps something along the lines of "if in doubt, ask
us first", in order to avoid having to debate too much and
after-the-fact if the disclosure was OK in a specific situation).