Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?
Hi,

bancfc@??? wrote (15 Aug 2014 15:22:30 GMT) :
> Unfortunately the Linphone version in Debian stable does not have zrtp support.

Ah, right, I've now found https://bugs.debian.org/671815.
Did anyone try to backport the Jessie package for Wheezy?

> But wouldn't Hidden Services and onioncat be providing the
> authentication layer?

I think onioncat only provides authentication of the callee by the
caller, not the opposite. Perhaps unidirectional mode (the default
since r555, in Jessie, not available in Wheezy) fixes this. Want to
check with the onioncat folks if this is correct?

If unidirectional mode is needed, I can provide a backport of Jessie's
onioncat for Wheezy.