Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?
bancfc@??? wrote (10 Aug 2014 02:29:25 GMT) :
> However onioncat keeps complaining about not finding a peer to forward to.
> Any idea what this is about or what I need to do?

I would set up a *really* simple test case to reproduce this (e.g.
with a very simple server software listening behind OnionCat, instead
of complicate VoIP thingies), and then if it manage to make it fail,
I would ask the OnionCat community / mailing-list / developers
for help.

> As an aside, The Linphone version in Wheezy does not support ZRTP.
> Suppose I get this working, will that be a problem?

I'm not sure I get what this question is about exactly. If you're
willing to rely purely on Tor hidden services for encryption and
authentication, then it's not a problem. Otherwise, yes, it will
probably be a problem.