Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-dev] Please test Tails ISO with u…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] Slower boot on experimental branch [Was: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails ISO with updated syslinux]
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-dev] Please test Tails ISO with updated syslinux
> What I am *particularly* interested about is:
>
> * Regressions.
> * Improvements.

Nothing like that here... but everything was tested without UEFI.

EeePC:
- Manual Linux installation: OK (status quo)
- Tails Intaller: OK (status quo)
ThinkPad X61:
- Manual Linux installation: OK (status quo)
- Tails Installer: OK (status quo)

But I noticed that the boot is much slower that with Tails 1.1. Using
the same USB stick and manual installation here is the time it takes for
the X61 to reach the desktop:

  - Tails 1.1    42 seconds
  - Tails 1.2    106 seconds

So that's more that double the previous time! I could observe a slower
boot for Tails 1.2 in VirtualBox but maybe not as slow.

>   * Tests in VirtualBox (report back what exact version of VirtualBox
>     you're using, and on which OS).

VirtualBox 4.3.14-dfsg-1 on Debian: OK (status quo)

--
sajolida