Re: [Tails-dev] Mirror of website and downloads as hidden se…

Author: sajolida
To: tor, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Mirror of website and downloads as hidden service
DP Tor-Contact wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> would it not be an good idea to mirror the whole webpage with the
> download section as a hidden service?

What new use cases or additional protections would that cover?

> I could do that on a and unmetered
> 100mbit/s vserver.

Thanks for the offer!

> Or ist that regarding to the downlink speeds
> obsololete (but at least the webpage itself would be a cool idea in my
> mind).

The content on our website needs to be trustable by our users (keys and
signatures, instructions, etc.) so I think that if we want to do this
one day we will host it ourselves.

But maybe you can have a HTTP mirror or Bittorrent seed on that server?

--
sajolida