[Tails-dev] Simplifying the UX for I2P [Was: [review'n'merge…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Simplifying the UX for I2P [Was: [review'n'merge 1.1.1] I2P boot parameter, firewall rules, etc.]
Hi,

I've noticed this while doing the code review:

> +Once enabled at the boot prompt, I2P can be started manually
> +through the menu:
>
>      Applications -> Internet -> i2p

How about dropping that second step?

I mean, once the user has opted-in for using I2P, we could as well
integrate its startup with the rest of our NetworkManager hooks, and
avoid them the need to start I2P by hand. No idea if/how/when the
router console should be displayed, though, in that context.
Probably related to #7437 somehow.

Addressing this is probably low-priority, and should not delay things
like #7225 IMO, but while we're looking at how I2P is integrated into
Tails, it could be worth taking notes of such ideas via Redmine
tickets: other contributors might be willing to tackle it, if they
only knew that it was desired :)