[Tails-dev] Getting rid of Vidalia [Was: What to do about I2…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Getting rid of Vidalia [Was: What to do about I2P in Tails?]
Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (27 Jul 2014 14:24:53 GMT) :
> Vidalia is unmaintained but it isn't currently a security problem.
> Long term, we need a different solution for sustainability, of course.

Yes. Once Tor#8641 is implemented [1] in Torbutton, I think that it
would be enough, for us to drop Vidalia, if tor-arm allowed viewing
the current mapping of circuits to destination IP:port [2].

Any Python coder looking for a (probably small) project that can make
a real difference?

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8641
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5186