Re: [Tails-dev] IRC (Was: Tails contributors meeting: Sunday…

Author: sycamoreone
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] IRC
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] IRC (Was: Tails contributors meeting: Sunday August 3)
Kill Your TV:
>> As OFTC is blocking Tor lately, we will try to gather on
>> > irc.indymedia.org.
> [..]
>
> As I asked in #tails yesterday:
>
>        Since it's been hard to connect to OFTC with Tor recently, has
>        there been any talk of #tails* (or even #*tor*) moving elsewhere?

Today I do have problems accessing indymedia.org using Pidgin in Tails.
I did create an account (using their web-client -- is there a better way
to bootstrap connecting over Tor?) and I am using SASL authentication.

After connecting, the server complains that my IP is listed in
ip-port.exitlist.torproject.org.

Am I doing something wrong, or did they change their policy regarding Tor?

Cheers,
sycamoreone