Re: [Freepto] build_with_persistence

Author: vinc3nt
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] build_with_persistence

boyska ha scritto:

> If I avoid to enter the passphrase, thus booting "live", everything
> works, and it seems that the passwords-changer also works.
>
> The same error has been confirmed by paskao and nop, too.
>
> I know that ca1000 had alreay given a quick test, so I asked details. It
> seems that he tested the 73eef90 commit, instead of the e2ecd5 that is
> in the rft.
> I can't find that commit anymore, so I must suppose that you rewrote the
> history.

I got it.

The issue is related to a too small persistence partition
It was my fault, by default the variable SIZE is configured to be 50MB
(under config/freepto)

BUT, when I made the first build, there was an error inside the auto/build
script. so the following line:

+ dd if=/dev/zero bs=$((1024*1024)) count=$SIZE >> $IMG

was:

- dd if=/dev/zero bs=$((1024*1024*10)) count=$SIZE >> $IMG

as result: 500MB of encrypted persistence :)

I have changed the default size into config/freepto (now is 500MB) and
build a new freepto image that will be available soon. [1]
I'll update the repository on github as well.

cheers

[1]
http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/with_persistence/2014-07-29_01.28_v0.1.2-STABLE-88-ge2ecd54-it_IT.UTF-8/

--