Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7641-iuk-chdir-v…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7641-iuk-chdir-vs-stricter-home-amnesia-permissions
22/07/14 15:50, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the permission fix on /home/amnesia, introduced in 1.1~rc1, broke some
> stuff that wants to chdir back to the original cwd after moving
> elsewhere to do its job => incremental upgrades are broken from
> 1.1~rc1, and from the tentative 1.1 we've tested yesterday.
>
> bugfix/7641-iuk-chdir-vs-stricter-home-amnesia-permissions fixed that,
> and gives instructions to 1.1~rc1 users to workaround the problem and
> enjoy the "automatic" upgrade nevertheless. This should also fix
> automatic upgrades from 1.1 to 1.1.1 too, which is actually the
> real goal.

I've tested the instructions for 1.1~rc1, and it worked perfectly, i.e.
upgrade to the soon-to-be-replaced-1.1 currently on the HTTP mirrors was
successful. Code and UDF upgrades (confusing!) looks good, so I'll merge
now, and...

> Once this is merged, the plan is that anonym rebuilds the ISO, diff's
> its content for unexpected changes, runs the automated test suite on
> the new ISO, rebuilds the IUK, uploads all that, updates the UDF on
> the testing branch accordingly, announces to tails@ and -testers@ that
> the old 1.1 ISO should be dropped, and completes the release process,
> including updating stuff in torrents/files etc. (Hoping this can serve
> as a todo list so that nothing is forgotten :)

... proceed with this now. Also, now we get Linux 3.14.13-1... exciting!

> Hopefully the permission fix on /home/amnesia doesn't break anything
> else that we didn't discover during the test suite..

:)

Cheers!