[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7641-iuk-chdir-vs-st…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7641-iuk-chdir-vs-stricter-home-amnesia-permissions
Hi,

the permission fix on /home/amnesia, introduced in 1.1~rc1, broke some
stuff that wants to chdir back to the original cwd after moving
elsewhere to do its job => incremental upgrades are broken from
1.1~rc1, and from the tentative 1.1 we've tested yesterday.

bugfix/7641-iuk-chdir-vs-stricter-home-amnesia-permissions fixed that,
and gives instructions to 1.1~rc1 users to workaround the problem and
enjoy the "automatic" upgrade nevertheless. This should also fix
automatic upgrades from 1.1 to 1.1.1 too, which is actually the
real goal.

Once this is merged, the plan is that anonym rebuilds the ISO, diff's
its content for unexpected changes, runs the automated test suite on
the new ISO, rebuilds the IUK, uploads all that, updates the UDF on
the testing branch accordingly, announces to tails@ and -testers@ that
the old 1.1 ISO should be dropped, and completes the release process,
including updating stuff in torrents/files etc. (Hoping this can serve
as a todo list so that nothing is forgotten :)

Hopefully the permission fix on /home/amnesia doesn't break anything
else that we didn't discover during the test suite..