Re: [Tails-ux] greeter UX: tour

Author: sajolida
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] greeter UX: tour
>>> screens
>>> - screen 1 : Add a button at the bottom : "start the tour" or "next"
>>
>> I think the tour should be treated as a different task. It is good to
>> take this into consideration while revamping the Greeter but we don't
>> have that content right-now. It will come later on, while reworking
>> the website I think.
>
> The tour is another name for the guided configuration I think, and we
> definitely need to implement it together with the advanced one, else
> the new greeter will be a regression for new users.

We have a misunderstanding on terminology here apparently. For me the
"tour" is not the "wizard", or "guided configuration". The tour would
probably be a screencast, maybe interactive, of the key features of
Tails. I think we took this idea from the Ubuntu website, but we didn't
develop it further. And that's why I said this should come later on,
once we rebuild the website and its content to be better for people who
don't know Tails yet but want to learn what they can do with it.

So until then, the button at the bottom of screen 1 should be "next".

By the way, we should say "assistant" instead of "wizard" according to
the GNOME Documentation Style Guide :)

--
sajolida