Re: [Tails-ux] greeter UX: guided configuration

Author: u
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] greeter UX: guided configuration
Hi,

Alan:
>>> Tchou:

>>> navigation
>>> - Add a "back" label for the back button
> There is no such label in GNOME3 nor in Firefox or Windows Explorer, so
> I don't see it needed. But I'm not against it either

I agree with Alan.

>>> - We need to decide the differents way to go (or not) from one screen
>>> to another :
>>> - click on the steps numbers
>>> - click on items (like home & office)
>>> - click on a "next" button
>
>> I think we said clicking on one of the buttons was enough to go from
>> one screen to the other. You can always rollback with the "back"
>> button.
>
> I agree.

+1

>>> - Maybe we need to have labels on steps for each screen
>>> - [1 - Tails ?] [2 - Context] [3 - Need to save ?] [4 - Check and go]
>
>> Geoffrey was only mentioning "dots" at the bottom of the page, without
>> even a number. So I wouldn't add titles.
>
> I agree but don't have a strong opinion on that. A lit of GNOME wizard
> have a left column with titles for each step and the current step
> highlited.

I like both ideas (the dots and the left column of GNOME wizard).
The latter would probably be the GNOME way and be much more verbose
about what you will need to configure - and i think this is good.
The dots might look a bit like a UX element derived from web/smartphone
interfaces.

>>> - We have to decide which is (and if there is) the default
>>> configuration for each screen
>>> - maybe "public place" for step 2
>>> - maybe "no" for step 3
>>
>> I don't think so. The user needs to make a decision here and click on
>> one button or the other. If there is no "next" button, then there
>> should be no default.
>
> I agree.

Agreed too.

[snipping "Tour" part]

>>> - screen 4 : "Go" button should be "lunch" (or at least, the same
>>> that we have in other screens)
>
> OK

It's "launch" though :)

I have some remarks on the proposed texts:

* On the guided screen:
=> The explanation of what Tails is should be shorter imho.

Cheers!