Re: [Tails-l10n] German translations

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] German translations
Hi Spriver,

welcome on board!

> Hello,
> I would like to contribute some German translations and join the
> translation team. Is there anyone who could help me to tell me how
> translations are concretely done? I have managed to set up my repo and
> clone the main repository to my computer. What is there to do now?

Happy to hear that you managed to set up the repository!

Atm, we are 3 active people in the german team: sycamoreone, flapflap
and me.

If you've checked out the repo, you can find all files, markdown and po
files in wiki/src/.

You could eventually start translating this page:
https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/networkmanager/index.de.html
which corresponds to this file
wiki/src/doc/anonymous_internet/networkmanager.de.po

Before translating the file, create a new branch, checkout to this
branch and commit to this branch. It will make stuff easier to merge
afterwards.

You should use Poedit > 1.4 to translate. Don't forget to anonymize your
credentials in git and Poedit, if you like to do so.

When done with the translation you can send an email to this list and
ask for review (send us the place of your repository, name of branch,
and commit ids).
Every translation is peer-reviewed within each team.
Feel free to review the translations of others of the team equally :)

And if anything is not clear, please don't hesitate to ask.

We are currently in the process of reviewing the documentation for
translators. If you have any comments, or had difficulties with
something, we care about your feedback!

Cheers!
u.