Re: [Tails-dev] [review] #7156 Create a donation form to rec…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review] #7156 Create a donation form to receive fiat currencies
u wrote:
>> You have a buggy merge in your master branch: e54b5df. You didn't fix
>> the conflicts properly. I'd like to edit a couple of phrasing, but I'll
>> wait until you fix this on your side and I can reset the branch.
>
> I am not quite sure how to fix this.
> I repulled the master branch and merged it again. Does this look better
> now?

No. For you to see the problem I am talking about, try to do this in
your working tree:

    git grep "<<<<<<< HEAD"

I get 26 lines of conflicts that have been merged without resolving.

> Otherwise, would you have any instructions which i could follow to
> fix this?

So the dirty but easy way would be to fix them back by end. Not really
funny.

But as you didn't do any significant changes in your master branch
apparently, you could also:

1. Store somewhere your changes on the donation form, maybe doing `git
format-patch -4` or some combination of `git reset` and `git stash`.
2. Reset --hard your master branch and web/donation to origin/master
3. Reapply your changes to the donation form on top of that using `git
apply` or `git stash pop`.
4. Then you might have to use --force while pushing your master and
web/donation branches to git.tails.boum.org.

>> Note that Zwiebelfreunde e.V. is the organization behind torservers.net,
>> so I wonder whether this should made more explicit and could simplify a
>> bit the whole page.
>
> I changed the text a bit in the latest commit:
> [web/donation 11f6ca7] simplifying and adding info for receipt
>
> Torservers/Zwiebelfreunde on their side confirmed by email being ok with
> the naming of the Items for Paypal and the comment for the bank transfer.
>
> I let you review the whole thing?

Once the branch stuff is fixed, otherwise it will make the process more
complicated.

--
sajolida