Re: [Tails-dev] Slides & Pitch for non-technical audience

Author: intrigeri
To: Robert Gurley
CC: Grégoire Pouget, The Tails public development discussion list, amaelle.guiton
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Slides & Pitch for non-technical audience
Hi,

[no need to Cc me, I read the tails-dev@ list.]

Robert Gurley wrote (02 Jul 2014 15:39:19 GMT) :
> I'm the Marketing Manager for a software company as a "real job" so I
> do tons of technical writing for non-technical audiences. I'd be
> happy to get started on this task, and I'll update with my progress in
> a week once the slides are done.

Great to hear, I'm looking forward to see the slides :)

Amaelle and Grégoire (Cc'd) have experience in doing this kind of
speeches, in front of this kind of audience. They might have some
material to share.

BTW, Robert: you might want to create yourself a Redmine account, and
then we'll add you to the project, so that you can set yourself as the
assignee for the relevant ticket (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6863).

> I only speak English, but I'll see about making the slides
> translatable as per the task request.

If the slides sources are in Markdown, then that should be easy.
See e.g. wiki/src/promote/slides/hackmeeting-it-20140628/Makefile
in our Git repo, to see how I do it personally.